Juniper is an alpine shrub that belongs to the conifer (pine) family and is found on grasslands and mountains in Southwest Asia, North America and Europe. Juniper berry essential oil is extracted from fresh or dried juniper berries and the needle leafs. Juniper essential oil is known as the immune system booster and a powerful detoxifier. This essential oil has a long history of combating both short and long term illness. Juniper berries have strong free radical skulking abilities as they are high in polyphenol antioxidants and flavonoids.
Some of the health benefits of juniper berry essential oil can be associated to its properties as an astringent, diuretic, antiseptic, carminative and much more. Juniper oil has many uses from flavouring alcoholic beverages to using in fragrance industries. Moreover, juniper oil has many health benefits.
Herein are 10 amazing health benefits of juniper essential oil
- 1 1. Juniper berry essential oil for healing and protecting skin
- 2 2. Juniper berry essential oil for preventing bloating
- 3 3. Juniper berry essential oil as a sleeping aid
- 4 4. Juniper berry essential oil for treating heartburn and acid reflux
- 5 5. Juniper berry essential oil as a digestive booster
- 6 6. Juniper berry essential oil as a natural relaxing agent
- 7 7. Juniper berry essential oil for detoxification
- 8 8. Juniper berry essential oil for sore and stiff muscles
- 9 9. Juniper berry essential oil as an antiseptic
- 10 10. Juniper berry essential oil as a natural mosquito repellent
1. Juniper berry essential oil for healing and protecting skin
Juniper essential oil is a rich source of natural antibacterial and antimicrobial abilities and is one of the most used natural remedies for fighting skin infections and irritations.It encourages beautiful skin by reducing the stretch marks and fighting acnes and blackouts caused by hormonal imbalance. Juniper oil is also ideal for treating foot fungus and bad odours. Coconut oil is also helpful in reducing Acne.
2. Juniper berry essential oil for preventing bloating
Juniper essential oil has both antibacterial and antifungal properties and is one of the most popular oil for treating bladder infections and urinary tract infections. It is effective in treating kidney and bladder as it turns out to be a natural diuretic. Juniper essential oil helps the body flush out excess fluids from the bladder and urethra. It detoxifies organs that help reduce bloating and clears up the infections.
3. Juniper berry essential oil as a sleeping aid
Because of its smell, juniper essential oil acts as a natural sedative that aids sleeping. Its smell helps in relieving the muscle tension and prevents restlessness, confused mind and even nightmares and helps you stay asleep.
4. Juniper berry essential oil for treating heartburn and acid reflux
With indigestion, come symptoms like acid reflux and heartburn. Massaging few drops of juniper oil all over your stomach, chest and abdomen will help you get relief from heartburn and acid reflux. Or consuming two-three drops of juniper oil with a glass of water will do the trick.
5. Juniper berry essential oil as a digestive booster
Juniper essential oil keeps the stomach intact and keeps it functioning well. This oil ensures the proper flow of gastric juice and other acids into the stomach for digestion. It helps to stimulate the digestive enzymes that easily break down and absorb protein, nutrients and fats from foods. Taking juniper oil as a dietary supplement can help you in liver cleanse and boost your metabolism for proper digestion. Myrrah oil can also help in controlling digestive disorder.
6. Juniper berry essential oil as a natural relaxing agent
The smell of juniper oil is known to reduce any emotional and physical signs of stress. Thus, it is considered a natural anxiety and depression remedy. When inhaled, juniper oil has positive effects on the brain which deals with the inner trauma and pain. Diffusing juniper essential oil throughout your house will make the environment of the house very relaxing and soothing.
7. Juniper berry essential oil for detoxification
Juniper oil can fight stressful feelings like craving for some food and emotional eating. Also, juniper oil speeds up the urination and elimination process which helps in removal of wastes, toxins and irritants out of your digestive tract. One can use a few drops of juniper oil mixed with a glass of water as a detoxifying supplement.
8. Juniper berry essential oil for sore and stiff muscles
Massaging your muscles with juniper oil will help you combating muscle stiffness and pain. Juniper oil is a boon for those suffering from muscle injuries, arthritis and joint pains including bones. It helps reduce pain and inflammation on the affected area. If you want to calm your muscles then try Bergamot oil.
9. Juniper berry essential oil as an antiseptic
Juniper essential oil is being used for treating wounds and injuries for many years. This oil acts as a natural antiseptic and was even used in the injuries sustained by the mother and her child during difficult labours. Also, it prevents the wounds from developing tetanus and becoming septic.
10. Juniper berry essential oil as a natural mosquito repellent
The scent of juniper essential oil naturally repels mosquitoes and bugs. This helps you evade from mosquito bites which can cause various diseases like dengue, malaria and chikungunya. Rubbing few drops of juniper oil on your skin or clothes will keep mosquitoes and other bugs at bay.