10 HOME REMEDIES FOR HAIR FALL
Thick head of hair that shine with natural health is a massive boost to our confidence. Unfortunately, hair fall is a problem that many people deal with.
Many factors result in hair fall such as aging, genetics, stress, nutritional deficiencies, smoking, hormonal imbalance, scalp infections, certain medicines, thyroid disorder, polycystic ovary syndrome, and so on. While some of these are temporary, some are more serious issues, which can lead to baldness.
When you start to lose more than normal strands of hair (50-100 strands per day), it is time for you to look towards the problem a bit more seriously and make necessary changes towards it.
There are many solutions to hair problems, but home remedies for hair fall are more effective. Isn’t it nice to know that you can find the solution to your problem in your kitchen itself?
Below we present top 10 effective home remedies for hair fall.
Fenugreek also referred as methi, is a very effective home remedy for hair fall. It has hormone antecedents that stimulate hair growth and rebuild the hair follicles. It is also rich in protein and nicotinic acid; both help in hair growth.
- Soak fenugreek seed in water overnight
- In the morning, crush them and make a paste
- Apply the paste onto your scalp and cover it with the shower cap. Leave it for 40 minutes, and then rinse your hair.
- Follow this for a month
2. OIL MASSAGE
Another step you can take towards reducing hair fall is massaging your scalp with hair oil. A proper hair massage will help in increasing the blood flow to the hair follicles, strengthen the hair’s roots, and condition the scalp. It will also provide relaxation and help in reducing stress.
- Massage you hair oil onto your hair and scalp is applying gentle pressure with your fingertips.
- Do this once a week.
3. ONION JUICE
Onion juice has sulfur in it; that helps in treating hair loss. The sulfur increases the blood circulation to the hair follicles, restores hair follicles and lessens inflammation. It is a great home remedies for hair fall that you can try at your home.
Onion juice also contains antibacterial properties that kill germs and treat scalp infection that also leads to hair fall.
- Apply onion juice to your scalp directly. Let it rest for 30 minutes, and then rinse it off. Shampoo afterward.
- Mix three tablespoon of onion juice with two tablespoons of aloe vera gel. Apply the mixture onto your scalp and let it rest for 30 minutes. Wash it off and shampoo your hair.
- Onion juice and olive oil work great too.
4. INDIAN GOOSEBERRY
Indian gooseberry or amla is effective home remedies for hair fall and also stimulates faster hair growth. It is loaded with Vitamin C, deficiency of which leads to hair loss.
Amla has antioxidants, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, and exfoliating properties that help in maintain a healthy and strong scalp.
- Mix amla or Indian gooseberry pulp and lemon juice
- Apply the mixture onto your scalp thoroughly. Cover it with shower cap
- Let it rest overnight and shampoo it in the morning.
5. LICORICE ROOT
Here is the top 10 home remedies for hair loss:
Licorice root is one of those herbs that treats hair fall and protects hair from further damage.
The root has mollifying qualities that open up the pores, soothe the scalp and treats irritations such as dry flakes. This is a good remedy for hair loss, baldness, and dandruff.
Beetroot juice has protein, potassium, carbohydrates, vitamin B and C and calcium. All these nutrients are extremely vital for a healthy hair growth.
- Drink fresh beetroot juice. Also add the juice of spinach, lettuce, alfalfa, and carrot in your diet
- Grind beetroot leaves with henna to make a paste
- Apply the paste onto your scalp. And let it rest for 15 to 29 minutes and then rinse it off.
7. ALOE VERA
Aloe vera has enzymes that stimulate healthy hair growth. Plus, it has alkalizing properties that help in bringing back the scalp and hair’s pH to a more healthy level, which can promote hair growth
Aloe vera is can also treat scalp itching, redness of the scalp, inflammation, and strengthen the hair. Aloe vera gel and aloe vera juice both work well.
- Apply aloe vera juice or gel onto your scalp
- Let it rest for few hours and then rinse it off with lukewarm water.
8. Chinese Hibiscus
The Chinese hibiscus flower contains many natural properties that are effective in treating hair fall. This flower can also cure split ends, dandruff, thicken hair, and prevents graying.
- Add 10 Chinese hibiscus flowers to two cups of coconut oil
- Heat it until charred. Strain the oil
- Apply the oil onto your scalp thoroughly and leave it overnight
- Wash it off in the morning. Repeat this few times a week
9. COCONUT MILK
Coconut milk is enriched with proteins and healthy fats that help in hair growth and treat hair loss. It is one of those home remedies that will provide quick results.
- To make a fresh coconut milk at home, add grated coconut to the pan of water
- Simmer it for 5 minutes and then strain
- Let it cool before applying it to your scalp
- Leave it for 20 minutes, before rinsing it off with shampoo
You can add preordered black pepper and fenugreek seed to make this treatment more effective.
Flaxseeds are enriched with omega-3 fat acids that can prevent hair loss and promote hair growth. They are one of the best home remedies for hair fall that would make your hair healthier.
- Eat one tablespoon of freshly ground flaxseed with water daily in the morning.
- Or you can add flaxseeds to your salads, smoothies, etc
- You can massage your scalp with flaxseed oil as well