Olive oil contains palmitic acid, squalene, and emollients oleic acid. Emollients have a lubricant property that helps in moisturizing and softening of hair. Olive oil for hair is used for many years, and it is proved now, that it gives shine and elasticity to hair because of the presence of palmitic acid, squalene, and oleic acid.
Olive oil for hair is super useful as hot oil treatment and conditioner and as finishing products. A bottle of olive oil can keep your hair lustrous, stronger and healthier.
Herein read 10 Benefits of Olive oil for hair:
- Herein read 10 Benefits of Olive oil for hair:
- 1. Olive oil for hair growth:
- 2. Olive oil to prevent hair loss:
- 3. Olive oil for hair to treat split ends:
- 4. Olive oil for hair to treat fungal infection:
- 5. Olive Oil for Dandruff treatment:
- 6. Olive oil for hair to treat oily scalp:
- 7. Olive oil for hair for manageability:
- 8. Olive oil for the strengthening of hair:
- 9. Olive oil for hair to improve blood circulation of the scalp:
- 10. Olive oil for hair as conditioner:
1. Olive oil for hair growth:
Olive oil for hair retains the moisture of hair and makes them soft and shiny. It is packed with antioxidants and vitamins A and E. The oil eliminates the sebum that hampers the hair growth.
Method to use olive oil for hair growth:
- Take warm olive oil in your palm, then apply on hair strands and scalp properly.
- Cover your hair with a shower cap.
- Wash off with shampoo after two hours, or you can keep overnight.
- Do this regularly for better results.
2. Olive oil to prevent hair loss:
Olive oil nourishes hair and with the combination of coconut oil prevents hair breakage and hair loss.
Method to use olive oil to prevent hair loss:
- Combine equal quantity of olive oil and mayonnaise and mix properly.
- Apply on the hair and scalp.
- Wash off with shampoo after two hours.
- Take 4 teaspoons of olive oil and a half cup of coconut milk.
- Apply on hair and scalp.
- Wash off after 15 minutes with shampoo.
3. Olive oil for hair to treat split ends:
When the hair become dry, it causes a lot of problems like breakage of hair and split ends. Olive oil for hair can eliminate these issues. It gives moisture and volume to hair.
Method to use olive oil for split ends:
- Take some olive oil on palms.
- Apply on split ends and leave.
- Use olive oil regularly on split ends for better results.
See More : Benefits of Olive Oil for Skin
4. Olive oil for hair to treat fungal infection:
Olive oil moisturizes hair, and with a combination of tea tree oil, it treats fungal infection.
Method to use olive oil for fungal infection:
- Combine 3 teaspoons of olive oil with 10 drops of tea tree oil.
- Apply and massage on the scalp for 7 minutes.
- Cover your head with a shower cap.
- Wash it off with shampoo after 2 hours or if you want keep overnight.
5. Olive Oil for Dandruff treatment:
Olive oil for hair exfoliates the scalp gently and moisturizes the hair. Mix Olive oil with lemon juice; it brings great results in dandruff treatment.
Method to use olive oil for dandruff treatment:
- Combine an equal amount of olive oil, lemon juice, and water.
- Take little water in your palms and apply to your scalp and make your scalp damp.
- Then make the mixture of olive oil, lemon juice, and water and apply on wet scalp and massage gently for 5 minutes.
- Wash off after 20 minutes with shampoo.
Watch this video to know Top 10 benefits of Olive Oil
6. Olive oil for hair to treat oily scalp:
Olive oil helps to treat oily scalp with the help of egg and honey. The egg is rich in protein, zinc, iron and iodine. And honey acts as a moisturizer. All this combination treats the oily scalp.
Method to use olive oil to treat oily scalp:
- Take a white portion of egg and beat properly.
- Mix one teaspoon of olive oil and one teaspoon of honey.
- Add this mixture in beaten egg white and mix everything.
- Apply on scalp and hair.
- Wash off after 20 minutes with shampoo.
7. Olive oil for hair for manageability:
Frizzy and rough hairs are hard to manage. And when with excessive use of styling products, the hair become rough and lifeless at that time hot oil treatment comes to foray for hair.
Method to use olive oil to manage hair:
- Just apply warm olive oil to your scalp and hair.
- Wash off after 30 minutes with shampoo.
- Do it regularly till your hair becomes manageable.
8. Olive oil for the strengthening of hair:
Olive oil for hair is rich in mono-unsaturated fatty acid and many other nutrients, which is responsible for strengthening the hair and even to make them thicker.
9. Olive oil for hair to improve blood circulation of the scalp:
Olive oil applied and massaged regularly will give oxygen supply to the scalp which improves the blood circulation of scalp and promotes thick hair growth and also manages the pH level.
10. Olive oil for hair as conditioner:
If you have dry and curly hair, olive oil makes your hair soft and silky. You can apply and massage properly for deep conditioning, or you can lightly coat on hair to manage your curly hair.