Jojoba oil for hair is an elixir. Jojoba plant is found in Arizona, California and Mexico. It is extracted from the nuts of jojoba plant. The oil is similar to the oil which your scalp produces. It is one of the few oils which has long shelf life and doesn’t go rancid for the longest time. It is 90 percent monounsaturated fats and just 2 percent fats. Jojoba oil does not have any smell, and it is golden in color.
Jojoba oil is a rich source of vitamins A, B1, B2, B6, E and wax that is very much like sebum. It also aids as an emollient that fills the cracks and repairs the damaged hair. Jojoba oil is used in hair care products for its long lasting shelf life.
- 1 The 10 Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair are as follows:
- 2 1. Jojoba oil for hair to rejuvenate hair:
- 3 2. Jojoba oil for hair as a conditioner:
- 4 3. Jojoba oil for hair to control dandruff:
- 5 4. Jojoba oil for hair to give thicker looking hair:
- 6 5. Jojoba oil for hair to balance dry and frizzy hair:
- 7 6. Jojoba oil for hair to protect from infections:
- 8 7. Jojoba oil for hair prevents hair loss:
- 9 8. Jojoba oil to repair damaged hair:
- 10 9. Jojoba oil for hair to strengthen them:
- 11 10. Jojoba oil for hair as a moisturizer:
The 10 Benefits of Jojoba Oil for Hair are as follows:
1. Jojoba oil for hair to rejuvenate hair:
Jojoba oil for hair is light, and it does not weigh down your hair. It nourishes and improves the blood circulation when you massage the oil on your scalp. You will feel refreshed after the massage of jojoba oil for hair.
2. Jojoba oil for hair as a conditioner:
Jojoba oil for hair has a capacity to remove grime and dirt from your hair and at the same time cools your head. It can be used as conditioner and serum as it makes hair soft shiny and protects the hair from all kind of environmental hazards.
3. Jojoba oil for hair to control dandruff:
Jojoba oil contains minerals like selenium and zinc which aids as anti-dandruff. It is also antibacterial that soothes the scalp and treats the itchiness and flakiness.
4. Jojoba oil for hair to give thicker looking hair:
Jojoba oil is a wax, so, when applied it gives volume to hair and thin hair appear thicker and fuller.
5. Jojoba oil for hair to balance dry and frizzy hair:
Excessive use of hair styling commercial products and overuse of cosmetic shampoos and conditioners and also pollution and harsh sun rays make your hair dry and brittle. And if you have naturally frizzy hair, it becomes a task to manage it. Applying jojoba oil moisturizes the hair strands and protects from all kind of hazards you face in your day to day life.
Method to use jojoba oil for hair to balance dry and frizzy hair:
- Take a tablespoon of warm jojoba oil.
- Apply on your hair and massage gently.
- Do not apply warm oil on the scalp; it may clog the pores.
- Wash off after 30 minutes with a mild shampoo.
6. Jojoba oil for hair to protect from infections:
Jojoba oil has anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties. When applied on the scalp, it is helpful to treat any scalp infections.
7. Jojoba oil for hair prevents hair loss:
You lose 60 to 100 hair strands every day. Many times due to issues like hormonal imbalance or environmental pollution or excessive use of cosmetic hair products, your hair degenerates and there is excess fall of the hair strands. Jojoba oil for hair helps to regenerate the hair follicles. Sometimes, the hair growth is out of hair follicle that is coated with sebum, and when your hairs are dirty, the dirt stops the growth of hair. Jojoba oil can quickly dissolve the dirt and can make the path for hair growth and hence prevents hair loss.
8. Jojoba oil to repair damaged hair:
Jojoba oil for hair aids as an emollient which heals the cracks of the hair cuticle. Regular use of jojoba oil can bring back the moisture of your abused hair which has undergone extreme heat treatments.
Method to use jojoba oil to repair the damaged hair:
- Combine a tablespoon of jojoba oil with a few drops of lavender oil and a few drops of vitamin E.
- Mix everything properly and apply on your hair and massage gently.
- Wash off after 1 hour with a mild shampoo.
9. Jojoba oil for hair to strengthen them:
Jojoba oil contains majorly monounsaturated fats and little-saturated fats that help to deeply condition the hair and fibres of the hair shaft. It also hydrates the hair and improves the structure of hair.
10. Jojoba oil for hair as a moisturizer:
Jojoba oil is light and absorbs faster and moisturizes the hair inside out and because it is not greasy, you can even use it for styling your hair.
Method to use jojoba oil as a moisturizer:
- Take one tablespoon of jojoba oil and apply on scalp and massage with your fingertips.
- Apply to your hair from roots to ends and massage gently.
- Keep overnight and wash off with mild shampoo at morning.
Also Check: Jojoba oil benefits for face